It is very important to choose the right food for our family. Planning menu for a week makes it easier to buy and stock the required ingredients.
Following points can be kept in mind while planning the menu:
1. Your family members age group, their preferences and health conditions.
2. Your family tradition.
3. Include food that will meet the nutritional requirements of all the family members.
4. Use more of seasonal and local ingredients as it will be fresh, more nutritive and cost effective also.
5. Include lot of variety to make the menu interesting.
6. Buy what is required with some allowance for sudden extra needs. Avoid wastage.