Soups are very nutritious meal preparation and very easy to make too. Soups are generally served as an appetizer, but one can make wholesome soups and serve it as a light meal too. Wholesome soups are a better option for children who picks on their vegetables. It’s an ideal option for dinner as it will be filling, but light too. Almost all vegetables can be used to make soup and hence it is an easy way to include variety of vegetables in our diet.
Soups are best for ailing patients as it is easy to digest and provides adequate nutrition. For people who suffer from constipation, having soups as part of their dinner regularly will help their bowel movement.
Today, I am going to share with you all the recipe of broccoli and roasted pistachios soup which I had made few days back. It’s a thick and a creamy soup, wholesome, sumptuous and very delicious indeed. Very ideal dish for all age groups and a great meal option for people who are watching their calories as this is low in calories and has good amount of protein.
My family loved it and I hope you all would like it too.
|250 gms (3 cups)
|2 (medium sized)
|Processed cheese cube
|1 and ½ cups
|Crushed black pepper
|3/4th tsp or to taste
|Chopped coriander leaves
Note: Whey water is the residual liquid obtained after coagulating the milk to make paneer. It has proteins, vitamins and minerals and also lactose. Whey water can be refrigerated and can be stored upto 4-5 days. it can used to make soup, knead dough for roti, used for making pulao, khichadi etc.
If you do not have whey water, use plain water.
- Wash and cut broccoli. Peel, wash and chop onions.
- Take a heavy bottomed sauce pan and add all the ingredients except coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Keep the sauce pan on the stove and let it cook on a medium flame.
- Once the mixture starts simmering, cover the sauce pan with a lid and let it cook till the broccoli becomes tender.
- Cool and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Garnish with some slivered pistachios and chopped coriander leaves and serve the soup hot or warm with some toasted bread.
Nutritive value of one portion