Bread Crumbs Vadai
It’s always very interesting to create recipes to use leftovers. I had leftover Medhu vadai batter, but was not very keen to make medhu vadai again. Also, I had saved the bread corners to make crumbs. So, I created a new recipe with both the leftover ingredients. Recipe fell in place as I thought over it. As always, like all my recipes, this also is a very simple one, needs only basic ingredients and of course very easy to make. Bread crumbs vadai came out very well. It was soft and had a melt in mouth texture. I am really delighted to share this recipe with all of you 😊
Do try. Trust me, this is what you will be making whenever you will be left with some vadai batter and bread crumbs.
This will make a delicious evening snack or a party starter dish. As it also is a protein rich dish, will be an excellent choice as snack for children and young adults 😊
Fresh bread crumbs – 1 cup
Medhu vadai batter – 3/4th cup
Chopped onion- 1/2 cup
Roasted chana dal powder – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4th tsp
Salt – 1/4th tsp ( or to taste)
Chopped green chilli – 2 tsps
Chopped curry leaves – 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
Oil for deep frying – as much as required
Cuisine – South Indian
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
Servings – 2
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients ( except oil) and mix well till you get a thick batter.
2. Grease your hand, take a small portion and shake it into a vadai.
3. Deep fry in medium heat oil till it turns golden brown and crisp.
4. Serve the vadai hot with ketchup or chutney of your choice.
1. Add vegetables of your choice can be added, like carrot, cabbage, banana flower or any greens.
2. It’s better to serve the vadai hot.
3. A small amount of rice flour can also be added.